Friday, December 21, 2007

Night and Day

I'm not happy with it, but I'm on to something. Red filter on the left, blue filter on the right, lots of messing around with brightness and contrast.

Today was a ghastly day for photography, cold and humid with a sky that couldn't decide between flat and washed-out. I managed to get a couple of good shots at the Hydro station on Slater, but that was it. On the up side, even the bad ones are tack sharp.

Only three days before Christmas, and it seems to me people are taking it a lot more calmly than usual. Perhaps I'm just not going through downtown at the times they really go crazy. I haven't seen any fistfights over the last WII at EB Games, or waiting lines wrapped three times around the LCBO. I haven't even heard any rage-inducing Christmas muzak, unless you count the guy at Building 34 who was listening to Ginette Reno at full blast while I was trying to train his co-worker on the tracking system. Maybe I'm just too in love with the camera and I'm just not noticing any of it...

Just started reading what I believe is the next volume I haven't read in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. I can barely remember the first five or six, it was a while ago and they've all sort of blended together. And the first 100 pages did remind me why I'd stopped reading somewhere halfway through the previous installment. But it sure beats what TV has to offer these days!

0 comments: