Thursday, December 13, 2007

Requiem for the Cajun Attic

All right! Just a bit of blogging and then I'm tackling Chapter 2 with a vengeance. Currently listening to Ya-Rayi by Khaled, and if that doesn't get the juice flowing, nothing will.

This one is what I managed to do with the raw stuff from yesterday's shoot around the old Cajun Attic. I'm still not completely satisfied with it - you know you're grasping at straws when you're looking for *antyhing* worth cropping out of the master - but I like the pencil sketch sort of effect after muting the reds and high-pass sharpening. I also got a pretty good one of the AIDS mural at Rideau and Charlotte, but I want to back and get the whole thing in the can before it's gone. Hopefully it will survive the winter more or less intact; there's snow already piled up six feet high against the wall, hiding parts of the mural.

I'm about ¾ of the way into 911, and it feels more and more like an X-rated soap opera. A refreshing change from all the suicides in "serious" gay literature, yes, but please bear with me if I set the bar a little higher in terms of... I dunno, characters? Plausibility? Texture? Anyway, one thing I will say for the book is that it certainly won't give me any inferiority complexes as I wrestle with my own!

0 comments: