Sunday, December 16, 2007

Still snowing...

I started shovelling around 3:00 p.m. and managed to do about half of the walk before I had to take a break because my hands were frozen and the snowbanks on either side were about waist-high. I'm not kidding, though I did had to laugh when I first tackled the job and sank to my thighs at the bottom of the stairs. Anyway, I was warming my hands around a cup of coffee when there was a knock on the door - I figured it was some neighborhood kid with a shovel, and by God I would have given them $50 to finish the job. But no! It was the cute neighbour, wanting to borrow my shovel and do it for free!

Of course I've been bitching for the last two years about the cute neighbour not doing his share of the shovelling, but hey - eyes like those at close quarters, knocks the bitching right outta you.

After dinner we took the dog for a walk in all that fresh white stuff, and it brought out the terrier in him, big time. All his familiar weeds and previous piss marks are covered in snow, so he's all lost out there. Somebody's wiped out his doggie email account. So he had to rebuild the whole thing, drop by drop, until he finally noticed: man, it's freaking cold out here. Now he's conked out on the couch, snoring and smelling. I think the cat and I will have a quiet night.

Just started reading the new Armistead Maupin, Michael Tolliver Lives, which for some reason Amazon sent me in large print. I'm only at page 35, but I'm enjoying it so far.

0 comments: