Sunday, December 16, 2007

Time warp!

I haven't seen a snowstorm like that since I was about twelve. This is what it looked like at 1:00 this afternoon. The neighbours across the street are shoveling, but I hope they like it because this is supposed to continue until tomorrow morning according to Environment Canada. They're still forecasting 20 cm total, but I think we topped that a while ago...

The laundry was a lot of fun indeed. The buses were running roughly on time on Montreal Road, but I was glad for my little rainbow knit cap, no matter that Dominique says it makes me look like a Teletubbie on shrooms. And the coin wash lost power about 15 minutes before my loads were done drying. At least it wasn't when they were still washing. Anyway, now the jeans and socks are drying on the shower curtain pole, and I'm making a fresh pot of coffee...

I managed to get a good shot of the little window between the laundromat and the store next door, though I felt like I was trying to score half a gram of coke in broad daylight on the Transitway. Blame it on my people issue. There was only a handful of people in the landromat - a student type huddled over a Gameboy, a fortyish couple reading the sports pages in the Sun, and the guy with the glasses and the lottery tickets. None of these people seemed especially bothered by me or my camera, but I was still slinking around like some inept shoplifter. Shotlifter. Hey, there's a title in there! :-)

0 comments: