Saturday, December 15, 2007

Waiting for the storm

Well, it's going to be a lot of fun doing the laundry tomorrow. The forecast is for "a near-crippling snowstorm" and "widespread snowfall accumulations of 20 to 30 cm". And this is from the good folks at Environment Canada, who usually report "light snow" when you can't see across the street. I can't wait to see what they're calling a near-crippling snowstorm!

Today we went to Galaxy Photo to get the remote control for the Nikons, and I also found a colour grad ND filter for $75.00. No chance to try it - the light was perfectly flat, the windchill was -25, and the streets were crowded with manic shoppers. I wish John hadn't permanently borrowed my copy of Holidays on Ice. I'm going to need it soon.

This is the map of Saint-François I've been using to keep track of what's where in the novel. In the absence of decent light outside, I've been sticking all sorts of things under the tripod, including nuts and pastels. None of it is precisely breathtaking, but I am getting to know my camera...

0 comments: