Sunday, November 16, 2008

Surprise! (not)

I love wrapping presents, but I'm not too terribly good at it... :-)

This was supposed to be a surprise, but I blew it yesterday at the Ottawa Photo Show. Fernando was looking at the Pentax gear, and he caught the expression on my face when he looked up from the battery grip for the K200D. Damn! I wouldn't last long as a criminal.

Good thing I had *something* to shoot on the weekend, because the weather has been rather on the dismal side. I never thought I'd say this in conversation, much less put it in writing, but I'm ready for a bit of snow. I've had it up to here with the dreary, dull, flat November light. Fernando on the other hand has been dying to try the prime lenses he got dirt cheap from some nice, clueless couple who probably had no idea you can use those on a digital camera, but we've been getting nothing but rain, rain, rain. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better...

0 comments: