Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Lights on the Hill

Lights On!Second event in yesterday's shooting day. A lot less fun than the lunchtime rally, starting when the buses ground to a complete halt on Montreal Road well before Cummings Bridge. I got off after the bridge and walked the rest of the way to Parliament Hill. By the time I got there, I was already looking forward to going home.

It quickly became next to impossible to get a clean shot, as people parked themselves right in front of my tripod, bumped into me without a word of apology, and in one case actually kicked me when I gave them a dirty look. It wasn't so much the spirit of Christmas as the spirit of getting this done and crossed out on the Christmas checklist. Built-in flashes going off all around, parents letting little kids run around with candles, and our ineffable Prime Minister making thinly veiled allusions to "protecting our great country". It sounded like most of the crowd was squarely on his side.

0 comments: